I had high hopes…but you tricked me by starting on a weekend. Work first thing on Monday morning was bad enough…but did you have to make it worse by ruining Sunday evening too? A broken oven when you already have everything out to make a great pizza – not cool! A sick dog who puked up her breakfast and then had no interest in eating (translation: really sick for Cleo) – not cool! A co-worker out sick during our application deadline week – not cool! (not the co-worker – the sickness!) Finding out we need a new roof over half our house – not cool!
So…I blinked and it is a full two weeks into January 2011. Composing the ‘rough week(s) mentioned above: a broken oven, a leaky roof, a sick dog who refused to eat, a work week that could rival all other work weeks with a sick co-worker, 72 or so 4-year-old kinder applicants visiting, 3 events, and an application deadline. Add to this that…at some point…hopefully before we hit mid-July, Christmas needed to be put away, bags unpacked from our holiday travels (don’t pretend like you’ve never waited a week…or two to unpack your bag), laundry, house guests, and trying to get back into a routine at home…and the last two weeks have been CRAZY. And of course, yesterday, being my first free Saturday, I woke up to an awful cold. I’ve been fighting it with airborne, sleep, water, more sleep, and a few video games…but it is not gone yet.
Despite all this, I want to post more often in 2011. Every day is too lofty a goal for right now…so I’ll start with posting every week. I’m pretty sure that this won’t be easy, but it might be fun and inspiring. Many others have also taken this pledge…and some weeks I’ll be using ideas and prompts from The DailyPost, and the community of bloggers to help me along the way, including asking for help when I need it and encouraging others when I can. If you already read my blog, I hope you’ll encourage me with comments and likes, and good will along the way.
Things I’m Looking Forward To This Year…
- Blogging more…no really, spending time improving my posts, taking more photos, broadening the topics I write about…yep…I’m looking forward to it.
- Planning a vacation with Woody…just the two of us…probably involving fishing…mainly because it hasn’t happened since our honeymoon.
- Getting in shape…I know this is a standard, typical, early January goal…but the 9 to 5 desk job that I’ve had for the last two years has done some serious damage to my waistline and I’m serious this time!
- Learning about where we live…and really taking advantage of living in LA. It’s time to act like I’ve got a week to see all the sites in Los Angeles. Olvera street, The Getty, the Hollywood sign, Santa Monica Pier, ethnic cuisines all over the county, hiking in Griffith Park, aquariums, art museums, the zoo, rodeo drive, the list goes on.
- Learning to really use my sewing machine, and maybe even making some things.
What are you looking forward to for 2011?